A key objective of iPADIS is the promotion of sustainable development of aviation and advocacy for the highest standards of safety, security, efficiency, environmental sustainability and the reduction of the negative impact of the growth of aviation on climate change.
Aviation is a key driver of global trade and tourism and a major direct and indirect contributor to the global GDP. It is important that all the nations and peoples of the world have access to the socio-economic benefits of aviation. For developing countries such as the Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs), for example, air transport connectivity is an existential requirement for their prosperity and socio-economic integration in the world and ultimately the attainment of their sustainable development goals (SDGs)
However, the contribution of air transport to global carbon emissions and its negative impact on climate change continues to grow. In fact, the SIDSs and the LLDCs are the most vulnerable to rising ocean levels, floods, soil erosion, scorching heat waves, droughts, desertification and other consequences of global warming.
In this regard, iPADIS will vigorously lobby all governments and aviation stakeholders to implement policies and actions to urgently and meaningfully address the environmental sustainability of international flights, with equal measures of conviction and perspective as international aviation seeks to connect our incredibly diverse world.
We provide/facilitate the following:
- Innovative green technologies in aircraft and engine designs and operations
- Green and ecological airport systems
- Sustainability in air traffic management.
- Sustainable aviation fuels
- Market-based measures to incentivize the reduction of GHG etc.
- Access to decision-makers
- Information dissemination and generation of support for public support
- Consultative services
- Identification of potential partners for further growth