Who We Are?
iPADIS is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) of public and private partnership established to lead effective advocacy for positive change in the global aviation industry. iPADIS is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Specifically, IPADIS serves as an interface between the aviation industry and civil society. Its primary focus is to ensure that aviation related policies and programmes at the international, regional and national levels incorporate the views and interests of users and meet the needs and expectations of civil society.
The organization operates on a not-for-profit basis, is independent, and pursues no political, ideological or other special interests. It consists of people of common vision, interest, and determination to achieve a world where every society enjoys the socio-economic benefits of a safe, secure, efficient, innovative, resilient and environmentally friendly aviation system.
Our Mission Statement
Our vision is for international civil aviation to develop globally in an innovative, sustainable, and socially responsible manner.
Our mission is to partner with governments, organizations, industry and civil society stakeholders to promote innovative and sustainable development of international civil aviation around the world so that aviation would continue to contribute to world peace, economic prosperity and social advances everywhere, for current and future generations.
Areas of focus
Aviation is a customer-focused economic multiplier, which lies at the heart of fostering social and economic development. It is necessary to ensure that aviation develops and grows in a sustainable manner and continues to produce inclusive and productive economic growth, by adopting new technologies and procedures that minimize adverse impacts on the environment and to respond to passengers’ expectations. Accordingly, iPADIS focuses its activities primarily on the following:
- Social Responsibility
The values guiding the conduct and activities of iPADIS include the following:
- Promoting honesty, integrity, respect and excellence in all dealings;
- Encouraging innovation, sustainability, social responsibility and openness in meeting challenges; and
- Fostering and building a strong environment of collaboration and relationships with partners and industry stakeholders.
The Governing Board of iPADIS comprises outstanding leaders from the aviation industry, business and civil society.
The Board is chaired by our founder and President Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, who is the immediate past President of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and Lifetime Goodwill Ambassador of ICAO.
The Board is supported by a small Secretariat team for executive management of iPADIS.
Advisory Committees made up of volunteers with relevant technical expertise, knowledge and experience are also established to advise the Governing Board on approaches to the implementation of the organizations programmes and projects, and on contemporary issues.
The membership of the organization is opened to distinguished personalities and relevant organizations from all sectors of the aviation industry, travel and tourism industry, financial institutions, the academics, and the civil society, including:
- Government agencies
- Airlines and airports
- Air navigation services providers
- Business Aviation
- International aviation organizations
- Tourism and travels organizations
- Educational institutions
- Environmental organizations
- Financial Institutions,
- Civil Society organizations
- ….and others.
iPADIS members benefit from the following:
- Access to key decision-makers and industry stakeholders
- Information on the state of the Industry
- Contributions to research, policy development and articles
- Access to subject matter experts
- Database of suppliers and manufacturers
- Project review, validation, and support
- Enhanced market access and development
- Use of Member’s logo, advertising, and promotion
- Events sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
- Discounts on advertising and conference participation fees etc.
- Positive public relations
- Members community forum
- Mediation and dispute resolution
iPADIS like other non-profit and non-governmental organizations depends mainly on:
- Membership dues
- Regular donations and grants
- Corporate sponsorship and exhibitions, etc
From time to time iPADIS uses its Crowdfunding platform to raise donations to fund specific projects and programmes.